Join us in celebrating a phenomenal 2023!
We are so proud of the HFSV familia! This year, we grew to nine incredible professionals who helped us serve more than 3,000 Latinos in Silicon Valley. In addition to the milestones listed below, we unveiled the 5th Latino Report Card, which revealed crucial insights into the quality of life of Latinos in Silicon Valley, shedding light on the impact of the pandemic on our community.
None of our achievements would be possible without you—our dedicated funders, donors, and partners. Your unwavering commitment has been the driving force behind our success.
You still have time to help us double our impact – every donation, big or small, makes a difference.
Thank you, we hope to see you in 2024!
Served 3,000+ Latino families, we’re eager to reach more in 2024!
- Our STEM-focused programs grew 70% in San Mateo County.
- Expanded our reach in the Ravenswood, Mt. Pleasant Elementary, and Gilroy Unified school districts.
- Boosted digital literacy with crucial partnerships and empowered families with essential skills, bridging the Silicon Valley digital divide.
- Joined the Eastside Education Initiative. Through this collective impact coalition, 195 Latino parents graduated from our parent education academies, and we served 235 Latino students, promoting college and career readiness and uplifting East San Jose Schools.
- We welcomed 73 first-time scholars this year and 53 renewals, our largest cohort since the program’s inception in 2016.
- The Conexiones Program matched 31 scholars with Latinx professionals in Silicon Valley to build professional networks and explore career options.
- Our partnership with Empowered Students trained seven scholars on securing internships in Silicon Valley.
- To date, the Latinos in Technology Scholars Initiative has supported 545 Latino college students majoring in STEM careers, increasing representation and empowering the next generation of Latinos to transform STEM fields.
- 82 Latino leaders graduated from our three academies this year, joining a network of 600+ fellows diversifying nonprofit board governance.
- Through three Alumni Mixer events, we provided opportunities to strengthen relationships and networks, ensuring Latino voices are heard and included in decision-making processes and contributing to a more diverse and inclusive nonprofit sector.
- Three nonprofit math nights attended by over 50 nonprofits enable our fellows to find organizations they would like to join as Board members.
Donor Shout Out
Cheers to Stuardo Robles, who is concluding a remarkable 10-year term as a member of our Board of Directors!
Stuardo steered us with wisdom and fueled our mission as a dedicated donor and advocate.
We extend heartfelt gratitude for his leadership, generosity, advocacy, and a decade of unwavering support as we bid farewell.