Latino Board Leadership Academy Class XXIII Documents
Here you will find presentations, homework, and other materials when available.
Session 3 – Board Roles and Responsibilities – Nonprofit Board Essentials – Presentation
Session 4 – Financial Responsibilities – Presentation
Session 5 – Boards in Action – Presentation
1. Review the material from Boards Roles and Responsibilities session (5 – 20 minutes)
2. Read the case studies and make some notes for yourself that you can bring to the discussion (10-30 minutes)
Follow-up resources can be found here. Nelson will continue to add comments to the case study headlines document. Also, there are two more case studies that you can review and add your questions or notes. Nelson will comment on them as well. Please add any additional thoughts.
Please approach your pre-work as though you are preparing for a board meeting (remember your Duty of Care).
- Review your notes and info from the finance session (10-30 minutes)
- Read and take down notes on the sustainability case study (10 – 30 minutes) Click here for the Case Study.
- Review the slides from the Boards in Action and Boards Roles and Responsibility session(three duties; roles/responsibilities) (10 – 30 minutes)
Session 8 – Personal Branding HOMEWORK
Take Charge of Your Brand – Workbook, please have this open during the session.
Please click here for the assignment/assessment – Have this ready to discuss during the session.
Read the instructions carefully.
*This survey will be discussed and reviewed during the personal branding workshop.
If you don’t complete this assignment, you will not maximize the workshop experience and learning.
Session 9 – Fundraising Responsibilities
Maximizing Your Role as a Board Member: The AAA Way – Presentation slides
AAA Opportunity Check List – Please have this available to discuss in class
Session 10 – Board Match Night